Ministries for Kids
Key Info for Parents
Infants-Age 3 | Sundays 9:30 & 10:45 | Wednesdays 7-8:15pm | Rooms: E4, E5
Nursery Care is available on Sunday mornings during Sunday School and the 10:45 Service, and on Wednesday nights during Kids Club (7-8pm). Nursery Care is also provided for special events as announced. (top)
Age 2-Grade 5 | Sundays 9:30 | Rooms: E1, E2, E3, E6
Sunday School classes in the Kids Education Building are offered for children age 2 through grade 5. Each class is lead by a great team of teachers, offering kids the opportunity to become grounded in God's Word, and to learn how to live out that knowledge, as they grow to love Jesus. Check-in is just inside the building, and parents should pick up their kids for check-out after Sunday School. 3rd-5th grade students may be released without check-out. (top)
Age 4-Grade 5 | Sundays ~11:15 | Rooms: E7, E8, E9
Children's Church is held during the sermon portion of the 10:45 Service, each week of the month except the first when we celebrate communion together. Kids who would like to attend Children's Church begin with their families in the service, and are dismissed together from the sanctuary along with the morning's teachers. Your child will need a "Children's Church Ticket" to check into Children's Church. Tickets can be found in the pockets on the seat in front of you. The kids will enjoy a time for worship, Bible lessons, videos, and more. After the service, parents should go to the Kids Education Building for pick-up. (Check-out Ticket required). (top)
Age 4-Grade 5 | Wednesdays 7-8:15pm | Rooms: E1, E2, E3, E7, E8, E9
Each week, Kids Club is a fun highlight event for children age 4 through grade 5. Led by an awesome team of teachers and helpers, kids enjoy being with friends in a high-energy hour of Bible lessons, games, singing, projects, and recreation. Being an evening event, all kids participating must be checked in and out regardless of age. Kids Club runs from mid-August through the end of May. (top)
Other Key Info for Parents
For the security of the children and families we serve, we require all children participating in NRC Kids programs to be checked in at the start of each session and checked out at pick-up. Here's how it works: (top)
- Please come with the child to Check-In, which is just inside the Kids Education Building.
- At Check-In, the host will give a sticker for the child to bring to their classroom. This sticker is like their "ticket" to join the class or activity.
- The host will also give you a matching sticker with a unique code for that day, on a "Check-Out Card" to take with you.
- Please bring your Check-Out Card with you to pick up your child/children when the activity is over.
- If you would like to send anyone else to pick up your child, such as an older sibling or trusted church member, you must send them with the Check-Out Card as permission.
- Without the Check-Out Card, we can only release the child to the parent.
- If you intend to send someone who may be unknown to our staff, please inform the host at Check-In, otherwise the Check-Out Card may not suffice without additional confirmation.
As a part of our Child Safety Plan, children participating in NRC Kids programs must be registered. This enrolls the child into our Child Check-In system, but also helps us be aware of allergy or special care instructions, who to contact in an emergency, how to communicate with you about activities, etc. (top)
For everyone's health and safety, please do not bring your child to be admitted to our nurseries or classrooms if any of the following symptoms apply: (top)
- Persistent coughing with fever
- Fever within past 24 hours
- Persistent sneezing
- Discolored nasal discharge
- Vomiting (within 24hrs)
- Inflamed throat
- Diarrhea (within 24hrs)
- Fever (must be fever free for 24hrs)
- Unusually runny nose and/or eyes
- Unusual fatigue or irritability
- Complaints of stomachache
- Swollen glands
- Rash (except diaper rash)
We believe the safety and protection of the children in our care is an inherent part of Jesus' command to "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, because the Kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these" (Mt.19:14). This is the heart of our Child Safety Plan.
First and foremost, that means ensuring that all our staff are fully screened and credentialed, which is a requirement for anyone who works with children in NRC Kids ministries. These Official Volunteers and Approved Helpers all wear an ID badge while "on duty." They have been approved through a process of personal relationship, application, references, and background check, in keeping with the Child Safety Plan. (top)
If you would like to serve in NRC Kids, we would love to hear from you! There are all kinds of ways to help for a wide variety of personalities and giftedness. As you are aware, anyone working with children at North Ridge must be credentialed as an Official Volunteer or Approved Helper. To get started, please speak with one of the NRC Kids Ministry Leaders, or contact one of the pastors. We'd be happy to talk with you about it, and sincerely grateful for your interest! (top)